Saturday 14 November 2009

I am so proud of you!




Natalie went through alot in order to appear on the stage for her school concert. She almost did not get a chance to perform as she is considered not up to it by her teacher. However at our insistance, the school included her in the concert, only in the music rendition which all performers will be singing.

Hence on the day, she is the only one who is wearing her school uniform while the rest are in their costumes. She is the only one that went to the concert hall without make up. She is the only one that is seated at one corner. She is conveniently forgotten by the teachers. The rest of her classmates queried why she neither has make up or costume on. How you expect my girl to answer? How would she feel?

"You saved me" are the words she said when she saw her Daddy who went looking for her at the backstage. Daddy wanted to bring her home but my poor girl insisted on staying on to perform with her friends. No matter how injustice she has suffered, she only has a simple wish which is to be able to be on the same stage as her friends.

The smile on her face when she finally make it to the stage is priceless.

She has been told by her teacher and classmates that she can't dance. She told me that on our way to her school just before her concert. How can a teacher said such things to a 5 year old? And I believe she has done it in front of her classmates. What is expected of a 5 year old?

I am so proud of my girl !

No comments: