Tuesday 16 November 2010

Growing Up in More than 1 way!

6 years already since the birth of little Natalie. Still not gotten over the sight of Dr Tan yanking her out and placing her on Mummy Lynn's tummy, just like how a fishmonger would handle a red snapper.

And yes she has graduated. Not only from her kindergarten but I guess also from her ignorance of her surrounding. Graduated from being a cry baby to someone who now plays, takes care and protects her brother Nathan.

Happy to see that she even extends her care and concern to her sister Nicole. The sight of a elder sister consoling her younger sibling that she has to leave with Daddy earlier and then coming to me to ask me to stop scolding her sister. Taken aback I was, not with my impatience for the day but with the sight that my daughter has grown up.

Little do I know that I can get so emo over her graduation but the pride to see your young one standing on stage in graduation gown overhelms you. Bringing you back from the attention which is so sucked away by the new challenges at work.

I am glad that I was part of the whole ceremony. Plenty of laughter, plenty of fun. But a sense of pride which nothing in this world can replace, to see my daughter growing up after so much she has gone through over just this one year.

A Daddy's love and pride on the graudation of her daughter.

No comments: